Tax investigations are time-consuming, stressful, and costly. As your accountant, we want to protect you. That is why we offer a tax investigation service. Our service protects you against the cost of professional fees associated with a tax investigation, as well as keeping time and stress factors to a minimum.
£35 billion is the estimated tax gap between what HMRC should collect and what it does collect. Small businesses and individuals account for over half of this tax gap, around 17.9 billion.
To help ensure tax compliance and close this gap, HMRC undertake Tax and VAT Investigations.
HMRC identify and target areas where they believe tax is at risk. They use sophisticated software to cross match a wide range of data sources, and any anomalies can lead to an investigation. HMRC then follow them up with an enquiry, but ultimately any HMRC return can be selected for an investigation.
TYPES OF HMRC ENQUIRY
- Enquires that stem from the use of sophisticated software.
- Enquires that result from HMRC actively encouraging members of the public to report taxpayers via their hotline.
- Random enquiries that HMRC carry out, as ultimately any HMRC return can be selected for an investigation.
OUR TAX INVESTIGATION SERVICE CAN HELP…
Should you be one of the unlucky ones chosen by HMRC, we offer a Tax Investigation Service. The service gives you professional representation and is backed by an insurance policy that provides up to £100,000 of professional fees.
We have the expertise and experience to deal with HMRC on your behalf, so that your investigation flows more smoothly, allowing you the best chance to bring the matter to an early conclusion. Our service will safeguard you from the cost of the accountancy fees associated with a tax investigation, so you an relax in the knowledge that there will be no additional accountancy fees to pay.
THE AIM OF OUR SERVICE:
- To give you complete peace of mind
- Minimize the stress and disruption of an HMRC investigation.
- To save you money
What’s more, you will be able to respond to HMRC allowing you the best chance to bring the matter to an early conclusion and mitigate any additional tax that may be due.
For those of you in business ad with employees, it gives even better. You can gain access to a dedicated team of HR consultants who can assist you in growing your business by providing proactive commercial advice regarding the managing and well-being of your staff.
OUR TAX INVESTIGATION SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Representation from us in the event of an HMRC investigation
- Commercial Legal and H&S advice line
- HR advice line including a specialist furlough team
- NEW furlough support package covering any HMRC inquires relating to Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
And many more…
We recommend that you take advantage of this valuable service which is a real benefit to you.
Please call 01922 418111 for any enquires or if you could like to receive a leaflet with more information then please let us know.